Golf Irrigation Systems are an inseparable component of every golf course. The quality of the ground is maintained to have an efficient golf irrigation system for golf courses. For that purpose, it is necessary to take a wise decision before investing in a golf irrigation system. The golf irrigation system is primarily a sprinkler irrigation system and, it includes components such as sprinklers, field controllers, central control systems, and valves. Each unit has its function, and every component has a vital role to play in an irrigation system. It is always sensible to have irrigation systems that are capable of efficient water management. Golf Irrigation systems are quite tedious, taking into consideration the variety of influences that include soil conditions, weather patterns, playing conditions and so on.
Golf Irrigation Market: Drivers and Challenges
The drivers for the Golf Irrigation market are as follows:
- Increasing Golf Interest among the people: Growing popularity of golf as a sport has been rising. People enjoy playing golf is that they like spending time outside amidst the natural environment. People also like the variety of facilities that are available at the golf courses.
- Education: Education has been one of the drivers in the sports industry. As the interest of the people for the sport is increasing, people have started watching golf on televisions to gain more knowledge about the rules. Also, there has been an increasing demand for the certified coaches at the golf clubs. The above reasons have led to the growth of education and awareness for the sport. Also with the growing digitization, this factor can be considered as a critical driver for the golf industry.
- Rising investments in the golf clubs: A quiet business revolution has been taking place in the sports industry. New strategies and new management principles are taking over. The golf courses have started to increase their membership costs for the golfers. With the rising interest in golf among the people, the golf industry is attracting a lot of investors who are willing to invest in the golf courses.
The challenges in the Golf Irrigation market can be described as follows:
- Lesser availability of well qualified maintenance staff: For the maintenance of the golf courses, a well-trained and skilled staff is necessary. They include technicians, supervisors, and managers and so on. This staff is required for the overall maintenance of the golf course including golf irrigation system as well. The owners of the golf courses around the globe consider the lack of availability of well-qualified staff as a challenge for their business.
- Higher Costs: It will be difficult to deny the fact that golf is an expensive sport. The cost includes hiring well-qualified support staff, water supply costs, golf irrigation components, servicing and supervision of these elements and so on.